[pve-devel] implementation of a dhcp service in proxmox ?

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Wed May 22 13:34:30 CEST 2013

On 05-22-2013 12:33, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> Can we use the following feature (from 'man DSNMASQ')?
>
> --dhcp-script=<path>
>               Whenever  a  new DHCP lease is created, or an old one
> destroyed,
>               or a TFTP file transfer completes, the executable
> specified  by
>               this  option  is  run.   <path> must be an absolute
> pathname, no
>               PATH search occurs.  The arguments to  the  process  are
> "add",
>               "old" or "del", the MAC address of the host (or DUID for
> IPv6) ,
>               the IP address, and the hostname, if known. "add" means
> a  lease
>               has....
>
> --leasefile-ro
>               Completely  suppress  use  of  the lease database file.
> The file
>               will not be created, read, or written. Change the way
> the lease-
>               change  script (if one is provided) is called, so that
> the lease
>               database may be maintained in external storage by the
> script....

Could the above be tailored so that the lease information are stored
and retried from sqlite?
If this is the case you have solved the locking problem since sqlite is
already present as part of pmxcfg which, I presume, also means that
distribution of updates in lease files is solved;-)

--
Hilsen/regards
Michael Rasmussen