[pve-devel] implementation of a dhcp service in proxmox ?

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed May 22 12:33:08 CEST 2013

Can we use the following feature (from 'man DSNMASQ')?

--dhcp-script=<path>
              Whenever  a  new DHCP lease is created, or an old one destroyed,
              or a TFTP file transfer completes, the executable  specified  by
              this  option  is  run.   <path> must be an absolute pathname, no
              PATH search occurs.  The arguments to  the  process  are  "add",
              "old" or "del", the MAC address of the host (or DUID for IPv6) ,
              the IP address, and the hostname, if known. "add" means a  lease
              has....

--leasefile-ro
              Completely  suppress  use  of  the lease database file. The file
              will not be created, read, or written. Change the way the lease-
              change  script (if one is provided) is called, so that the lease
              database may be maintained in external storage by the script....