[pve-devel] vm_copy : running vm copy for proxmox 3.0 ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu May 2 10:58:28 CEST 2013

Yes,

I have use a lot drive-mirror since 2 month now.
(mainly to live storage migrate around 100 vms on my netapp storage) without errors, so it's pretty stable.

The only thing need to be improved, is if the target storage is slower than source storage
the drive-mirror can run indefinility,retrying again and again new block write.
so currently the code make an optionnal vm pause to handle this case.
But maybe we can use qmp block_set_io_throttle to limit the write on the source vm.

I think that Michael Rasmussen have this problem, so maybe he can help us to test.
I don't have a slow target storage to test ;)