[pve-devel] Minor Wishlist item: proxmox OUI

Todd Lyons tlyons at ivenue.com
Tue Mar 5 05:20:27 CET 2013

This is by no means a requirement or even a much wanted feature.  It
would just a nice thing.  It would just be nice if when arpwatch
detects mac address changes (such as importing from real hardware to a
KVM or from VMWare to a proxmox KVM or creating a new OpenVZ
container) that it can recognize the MAC as a Proxmox hosted entity
and identify it as such in the message.

I know that $1650 is a lot of money, but it sure would be nice to have
proxmox have its own OUI block.  Maybe consider setting up an account
so that anybody who wants to see this will be able to use PayPal or
whatever to give $10 or $20 or 10 Euros, etc.  As I read it the
application description, it's a one time fee, but if I am misreading
and it must be paid yearly, this obviously becomes more difficult, if
not impossible to maintain.

Has this been previously considered and struck down?  No worries, it's
a small small thing.

...Todd