[pve-devel] update disk config, always rescan all the storage, can we avoid that ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Jun 4 14:09:32 CEST 2013

>>What is the advantage compared to 'qm set virtio0 ...'?

I thinked mainly to manage add/remove in a task worker, as some actions can take some time.

(like add/remove disk for some storage, or hot-unplug which need to wait for vm response,...)

As an example, for an rbd storage, if you delete a big file, when you validate the form, it wait some seconds,
the form is diplayed again but the disk in correctly created and config updated.

Maybe adding a bigger timeout can work, but we can't known how much time it'll take.

What is the advantage compared to 'qm set virtio0 ...'?