[pve-devel] qemu-server : don't unplug nic on update

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Feb 22 09:52:31 CET 2013

>>But you need to unplug - else changing VLAN or rate does not work?
Currently yes,But

For vlan, I think we can do it without hotplug, unplugging vlan interface from bridge then put in on another vlan bridge

For rate, I see that it's managed in PVE::Network::setup_tc_rate_limit, playing with tap interface.

So I think we can do both without unplug, it shouldn't be difficult to implement.

I can work on this if you want.