[pve-devel] activate hotplug by default ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Feb 20 06:28:40 CET 2013

>>maybe via a global datacenter configuration (planning).

Maybe can we simply keep current hotplug option:

0: disable hotplug/unplug
1: enable hotplug/unplung for all devices except unplug for disks
2 : enable hotplug/unplug for all devices

and expose only values 0/1 in gui ?

Another way, as some new hotplug devices are coming this year (memory,cpu), could be use of binary flag

0 : disable

1: nic hotplug
2: nic unplug
4: disk hotplug
8: disk unplug
16: cpu hotplug
32: cpu unplug

so nic hotplug + nic unplug + disk hotplug = 1 + 2 + 4 =  7

And we can easily change the default value and add new features in time.

Or is it too complex ?