[pve-devel] Proxmox compatible Android client (Opaque) available for beta testing

i iordanov iiordanov at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 22:29:14 CET 2013

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the feedback!

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Eric Blevins <eric at netwalk.com> wrote:

> 3) Obtain a .vv file for a VM, and tap it to "open" it. Opaque will launch
>> automatically and use the .vv file. I've tested Firefox and UCBrowser with
>> oVirt, and they can download the .vv files from there and open them with
>> one tap or with a swipe of the notification area and a tap.
>>
> Here is where I run into problems
> The file downloaded from Proxmox but is named "spiceproxy" not
> "spiceproxy.vv"

This is an actual problem. Can somebody from the Proxmox developers say
whether it can be addressed? How is the browser/OS supposed to know which
application to use to open the file? Would you consider adding a .vv
extension to it?

> I quickly switch to a file manager, rename the file adding the .vv
> extension.
> Click it, associate with Opaque Beta
> Opaque opens, nothing happens.
>
> I've tried this several times with the same results.

It takes a while for a SPICE connection to be established over a WAN link.
Sometimes you have to wait a good 10 - 20 seconds for anything to actually
happen.

To be absolutely sure, you'd have to obtain a logcat from your phone. If
your phone is rooted, you can do so with:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nolanlawson.logcat

If your phone is not rooted, I can provide you with instructions for how to
get a locat with the android SDK (adb) if you're willing to help.

Thanks!
iordan