[pve-devel] Proxmox compatible Android client (Opaque) available for beta testing

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed Dec 11 19:43:25 CET 2013

> > I do not have support for the Proxmox API at all (for the moment).
> So how do you want to get the vv file (confused)?
>
> I thought that Proxmox has a web portal where people login and can click to
> obtain a console.vv file for their VM(s). I guess I was wrong.

Sure, we have a web portal where you can download the virt-viewer configuration
values. But those values includes tickets for proxy access with very limited
lifetime (30 seconds), so you cannot simply save the file and start the connection
later, because tickets expires (for security reasons).

> >  All I do is
> > register support for .vv files with the Android OS. Is there no way to obtain a
> > console.vv file through a web portal on Proxmox anymore?
> No, I removed that because it is easy to create such files on the client. Any web
> client can generate such file using a data url (as shown in my code).
>
> My app is not a web client. It is composed of spice-gtk, libgovirt, a bunch of
> supporting libraries, and a UI for Android written in Java.
>
> What exactly is the problem? Don't you have a JSON framework to parse
> the JSON result? If so, would it help if I re-add the 'spiceconfig' format,
> so that you can do
>
> POST /api2/spiceconfig/....
>
> But you still have to login to the API and pass the CSRF token.
>
> Then I'd have to add support for your API which I wasn't planning to. Is there a
> client library that is portable to Android I can use for the purpose? If not, support
> for the API may be some time away!

I plan to add such extension to remote-viewer (spice-gtk), using a special URL schema,
so that you can start remote-viewer like:

# remote-viewer pve://hostname/vm/100

Would it help if I write that code in C using libcurl?