[pve-devel] GUI / openvz templates with multiple architectures

Pablo Costa modulistic at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 16:34:25 CET 2013

Hi! I would like to help on a couple of things; I am not fluent with
perl, and I don't have a clear idea about the architecture of PVE or
even most of its components, but the issues on which I feel able to
help seem to me quite isolated and simple enough. I hope I am not
wrong :) And perhaps starting with this will help me grasp the global
architecture.

First, I'd like the GUI to handle templates with multiple
architectures, e.g. debian 7 amd64 and i386; I guess:
* each "entry" in aplinfo.dat should get a new "Architecture:" field
* the pve-manager code should take into account this new field
* we should add an "arch" column on the GUI

I don't know if there are other implications that I am not aware of.

I have located a couple of starting points for this:
* pve-manager/aplinfo
* pve-manager/PVE/APLInfo.pm

Second, I'd like to add a "log scale" checkbox on the "summary pages"
besides the time range drop-down selector (or a hidden configuration
option) that would produce the summary graphs with a logarithmic scale
on the vertical axis. I detest linear scales specially for bandwidth
usage :)

I have been peeking around my proxmox box and git.proxmox.com but I
haven't figured out (so far) where the graphs are created or whether
they are created on demand or what xD

Have these issues been already discussed, or is there someone over
here who has given them a thought? Any pointers, comments, suggestions
or objections?
Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Pablo