[pve-devel] pve-enterprise repository

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Thu Aug 22 08:15:55 CEST 2013

> I'm trying to understand the new pve-enterprise repository.
>
> is it something like :
>
> pve-enterprise = old stable pve repo
> pve-no-subscription = old pvetest repo

No, we will be more careful when we update  pve-no-subscription (unlike pvetest, which was my personal playground).

The current release policy is:

1.) test packages internally in our test labs
2.) also wait for feedback from external developers
3.) upload to pve-no-subscription (history shows that packages are quite stable at this stage)
4.) move packages from pve-no-subscription to pve-enterprise after 2 weeks if everything works as expected.

So basically the new pve-enterprise repository is expected to have less bugs than the previous pve repository.

We try to provide additional value by improving the quality. There are no plans to lower the
quality of any repository.

- Dietmar