[pve-devel] Count monthly traffic

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Tue Apr 16 16:02:26 CEST 2013

Am 12.03.2013 18:53, schrieb Dietmar Maurer:
>> Why does a single file creates less load? Both contain the same amount of data.
>
> A VM can use up to 32 network devices. Updating 32 files create more load than updating a single file?

I want to proceed with this one. First i need to know how it works.

There is:

Extract/read data FROM RRD:
   /usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2Tools.pm

Get VM Status and store these data in a hash:
   /usr/share/perl5/PVE/QemuServer.pm: sub vmstatus

Then there is status.c in pve-cluster which has update_rrd_data.

So status.c seems to create and update the rrd files. Who calls it and
how does it get it's data? So with my idea i need to add another struct
rrd_def_vm_net and another folder pve2-net?

Thanks,
Stefan