[pve-devel] snapshot improvements

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Sep 28 08:45:40 CEST 2012

>>Ah, good to know. Besides, connecting with ssh looks still strange to me.
no api for this...

<ut I guess we will only backup VM without snapshots, so we do not
need that for backup purposes.

>>BTW, is there really no way to delete nexenta snapshots used by another
>>snapshot (snapshot merge)? If not, should we implement that on the qemu side?

what do you mean by snapshot used by another snapshot?
ex:
image->snap1-snap2->you are here

you can delete snap1 without any problem, and without need to merge.

the only thing with zfs, is that you can't rollback to snap1 without deleting snap2.

> zfs send can do incremental backup with "zfs send -I"
>
> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19082-01/817-2271/gfwqb/index.html

Ah, good to know. Besides, connecting with ssh looks still strange to me.

But I guess we will only backup VM without snapshots, so we do not