[pve-devel] some qcow2 and rbd snapshots tests

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Thu Sep 20 06:21:41 CEST 2012

> rbd : snapshot works fine, with vmstate too.
>
> but rollback with vmstate , give timeout after rollback when vm is starting.
> Maybe loadvm doesn't work, I don't know if the vmstate is correctly save or
> not.

vmstate can be large, so I guess I need to give longer timeout for load.

Also save can take long time, so I will try to make that asynchronous in future.

> rbd block driver don't support savevm/loadvm, but I don't know how it's
> works with yours patchs.

We do not use that block driver feature. We simply store state into the block device itself (we
need/alloc an extra block device to store state).

- Dietmar