[pve-devel] qcow2 bench and speed optimisations

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Sep 14 09:03:51 CEST 2012

more infos:
http://balau82.wordpress.com/2011/05/08/qemu-raw-images-real-size/

so raw and qcow2 with metadatas alloc are sparse files, but you need a filesystem which support it.

The size of file is full size, but it's empty. So filesystem which handle this can by exemple, create 2 files of 20GB on top of a filesystem of 20GB.

I have verified that on my netapp nfs and also ext4.