[pve-devel] Snapshot Tests

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Fri Sep 14 07:18:06 CEST 2012

> Dietmar, can we add some property to a storage plugin and check it ? (I really
> don't like theses hardcoded values)

I just added that to prevent over-motivated hackers to run untested code ;-)

The questions is how to implement that cleanly?

sub storage_has_feature(feature) {
}

> >>If you add nexenta then snapshotting works fine except you want to
> >>include state.
> >>
> >>TASK ERROR: VM 102 qmp command 'snapshot-start' failed - Could not
> >>open 'iscsi://10.255.0.10/iqn.1986-03.com.sun:02:9f6ecfd8-ea21-cc24-
> fd90-f8a0d8edf0b6/6'
>
> yes, state can't be writen like this on the iscsi volume.(maybe not
> impossible). use external file should be more easy.

We use normal 'vdisks' to store state - I allocate the with vdisk_alloc().

Qemu can use those disk for drives, so it must be possible to use them to store
state. I will do more test.