[pve-devel] qemu 1.2 - open issues

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Sep 7 09:20:33 CEST 2012

> Three new SCSI host bus adapter devices are available: am53c974 and dc390 emulate

>> should we add them (scsihw)?

I think this is for old guest, like win NT4. Not sure we really need them ;)

>>Also, how can we passthrough SCSI tapes?
I don't have hardware to test it .... But Yes, I have read that users request it in the forum

> Improved support for passthrough of SCSI tapes and media changers.
so this is with local /dev/sgX.  file=/dev/sgx   scsi-blk ?

> libiscsi can be used together with scsi-generic to pass iSCSI tapes and media changers to the guest.
So this part is for ISCSI tapes, should be easy iscsi://ip/lun  . scsi-generic ?
iscsidirect storage plugin can do the job I think.

Maybe their is some emulators which can simulate a tape drive to test ?

> Three new SCSI host bus adapter devices are available: am53c974 and dc390 emulate

should we add them (scsihw)?

Also, how can we passthrough SCSI tapes?

> Improved support for passthrough of SCSI tapes and media changers.
> libiscsi can be used together with scsi-generic to pass iSCSI tapes and media changers to the guest.

That would be a great feature if we can make that work.

- Dietmar