[pve-devel] create snapshots

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Sep 5 07:08:52 CEST 2012

Ok, I have tested it,
snapshot of drive works fine,
But I don't understand how the vm state is saved.

what is the statefile argument ?
I thinked that the state was saved inside the (first) disk. (so vmstate is snapshoted and we can rollback it easily)
Or it's for doing some tests ?
I don't know if the vmstate is ok, but it seem faster to take than using the savevm command. (and also qmp socket don't timeout like with savevm)

When I tried to use loadvm, it complain that state is not available.(So we need to hack loadvm too to use external statefile)