[pve-devel] KVM guest: console not working with custom kernel

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Mon Jul 30 14:08:18 CEST 2012

the default vga card chipset is cirrus if you choose linux as ostype

    my $vga = $conf->{vga};
    if (!$vga) {
        if ($conf->{ostype} && ($conf->{ostype} eq 'win7' || $conf->{ostype} eq 'w2k8')) {
            $vga = 'std';
        } else {
            $vga = 'cirrus';
        }
    }

I suppose that we need cirrus driver to display console.

you can use standard vga, with adding to your vm config:

vga: std