[pve-devel] pve-manager : sheepdog storage plugin

Alexandre Derumier aderumier at odiso.com
Sun Jul 1 13:11:05 CEST 2012

This is the sheepdog storage plugin.

I'm currently testing it with Stephan Priebe to compare it with ceph.

The default behaviour of sheepdog is to be installed on the kvm host,
using corosync to communicate.
we just need to install a sheepdog deamon, then the directory /var/lib/sheepdog
will be use to share images.

We could also install sheepdog on external servers.
(We can onl specify 1 ip, so it need to add a virtual ip to the corosync cluster if sheepdog is not on the kvm host)

configuration
--------------

/etc/pve/storage.cfg
sheepdog: sheepdogtest
        portal 10.6.0.100:7000
        content images

sheepdog: sheepdoglocal
        portal 127.0.0.1:7000
        content images

Sheepdog client is already in qemu-kvm, so no need to add external library for the client.

I'll do a sheepdog package this week, but this need liburcu-dev 0.6,
squeeze use 0.4, but I have installed the wheezy package on squeeze wihtout problem.
So can we include  liburcu-dev 0.6 from wheezy in the proxmox repository ?