[pve-devel] get config from an "external" VM

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Thu Dec 20 11:55:09 CET 2012

Hi Dietmar,

thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Am 20.12.2012 10:42, schrieb Dietmar Maurer:
>> If we don't care about all corner cases with shared images. Wouldn't it be
>> easier to leave then the disk assigned to a VM instead of using 0?
>
> No, because if you delete the wrong VM you run into problems.
OK

>> Then it is at least possible to delete the volume through PVE.
>
> You can delete the volume on the storage view?
Oh i didn't knew that. Right now at least for RBD storage the remove
button is disabled. Is this defined by storage plugin?

>> which can be read and modified by all nodes.
> Each storage has a content view - why don't we manage shared volumes there?
Good idea. I like this.

Would you agree with this?

Content view of a specific storage:
1.) put shared volumes (id 0) under a seperate tree (shared images)
2.) enable remove/delete button in content view for shared volumes
3.) add a create shared disk button beside remove
4.) add an assign volume to VM button beside remove or should this be
under VM => Hardware => add => shared disk?

Greets,
Stefan