[pve-devel] pve-manager : expose balloon to gui

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Dec 5 14:16:41 CET 2012

>>You already saw the patches on the qemu list to query free space with balloon driver?
Oh, I don't know. is it possible ?
>>Maybe we can use that somehow?

maybe query-balloon ?

I see : free_mem && total_mem . is it the guest total free_mem & total_mem ?
I look at it.

query-balloon
-------------

Show balloon information.

Make an asynchronous request for balloon info. When the request completes a
json-object will be returned containing the following data:

- "actual": current balloon value in bytes (json-int)
- "mem_swapped_in": Amount of memory swapped in bytes (json-int, optional)
- "mem_swapped_out": Amount of memory swapped out in bytes (json-int, optional)
- "major_page_faults": Number of major faults (json-int, optional)
- "minor_page_faults": Number of minor faults (json-int, optional)
- "free_mem": Total amount of free and unused memory in
              bytes (json-int, optional)
- "total_mem": Total amount of available memory in bytes (json-int, optional)

Example:

-> { "execute": "query-balloon" }
<- {
      "return":{