[pve-devel] kvm disk template implementation ideas

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Thu Aug 23 11:28:38 CEST 2012

> >>A simply storage scan does not work, because we also want a snapshot
> >>of the VM configuration!
> Ah ok, I miss that. I think you were talking about simple disk snapshot.

No, we want full-featured VM snapshots ;-)

> >>My idea was to extend the <vmid>.conf file to include a copy of the config
> >>for each snapshot:

Not sure if I understand your question correctly. The disks are part of the config,
so each snapshot simply point to the snapshotted volume somehow:

- either explicit: by using different volume names
- or implicit: we generate the real snapshot volume names as F(volid, snapshotname)