[pve-devel] Expiration for user in pve-manager/UserEdit.js

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Thu Jul 14 07:16:52 CEST 2011

> Attached is the diff file for Expiration field in UserEdit.js.  Do you have an idea of
> how to display a "user friendly" date while still passing epoch back to the form?

    submitFormat: 'U',

But unfortunately ExtJS does not load the data correctly, so we need to overwrite
the load method, something like:

            me.load({
                success: function(form, action) {
		    var data = action.result.data;
		    if (Ext.isDefined(data.expire)) {
			ipanel.setValues({ expire: new Date(data.expire * 1000) });
		    }
                }
            });

> And what about to indicate never expiring?  Use a checkbox, button within the
> calendar?

I guess the following is good enough:

		emptyText: 'never',

what do you think?

I just commited that code to svn.

> I will be working on the comment box next.  While I am cleaning up the User gui
> tools what would you like me to work on next?

I guess the next things are the 'Authentication' panel (add/edit/delete realms), and then the
'Permissions' panel.

Or would you like to work on something different?

- Dietmar