[pve-devel] combo box help

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed Jul 13 08:10:40 CEST 2011

Hi Seth,

> groupsgroupsGET https://192.168.1.106:8006/api2/json/access/groups?query=
> 400 (Paramter verification failed.)

The proxmox API server return detailed information about parameter verification errors (thanks to JSON Schema). You just need to look at the http response:

> {"errors":{"query":"property is not defined in schema and the schema does not allow additional properties"},"data":null}

This tell you that you sent a parameter called 'query' in your request (you can easily verify that by looking at the request header:

> Request URL:https://maui:8006/api2/json/access/groups?query=

As you see that url is not what you want.

In fact this is due to an incompatible ExtJS change - the ComboBox renamed 'mode' to 'queryMode'.

So you need to replace:

               mode: 'local',

with:

	queryMode: 'local',

I also use the 'pve-groups' model instead of 'combo-groups' (whatever that is), and set autoLoad to true:

            new Ext.form.ComboBox({
                fieldLabel: 'Group',
                hiddenName: 'groupid',
                store: new Ext.data.Store({