[pve-devel] qemu 1.0 : scsi boot not working anymore

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Thu Dec 8 17:37:05 CET 2011

First response .... So no alternative for the moment.... (do you want to code support in seabios ? ;)

maybe can we add the code for generate qemu -option-rom 8xx_64.rom ,
do not include de rom in proxmox packages, but tell the user to download it and put it in the /usr/share/kvm ?

Something like proprietary nvidia blob video driver.

what do you think about it ?

On 2011-12-08 13:41, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on the proxmox 2.0 distribution (kvm distrib) and I'm trying to boot from scsi device with qemu 1.0.
>
> since this patch
>
> Remove extboot support -- Linux KVM
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/kvm/msg61865.html
>

> it does'nt work anymore.
>

> I know I can use lsi rom with
>
> -option-rom 8xx_64.rom
>

> But isn't it possible to use another GPL compliant alternative ?

It is, e.g. via native support in SeaBIOS. But someone has to implement
that. Or motivate a third party to do this.

Jan