[pmg-devel] #2438 add lmtp support in pmg

Stoiko Ivanov s.ivanov at proxmox.com
Wed Jan 8 19:57:43 CET 2020

Hi,

sorry for the long wait for feedback!

On Sun, 05 Jan 2020 22:07:35 +0100
pmg-devel at j-z.it wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i have just send v2 of the lmtp patch (3 parts).
>
> All your comments should now be adressed.
> In my testing environment it works perfectly.

I quickly gave it a spin here, by setting up a dovecot in my test environment
and setting that as default relay and as a transport for a particular domain

It does work quite nicely!
Huge thanks for your time and effort!

I did find a few cosmetic nits (will write them as replies to the
individual patches) - but I think we could address them as fixups
following your commits.

> But i can´t successfully build the pmg-docs package, but i think this was the easiest patch.
Content-wise it looks good - the trick would have been to:
* patching pmg-api
* patching pmg-docs/gen-pmg.conf.5-opts.pl (adding the relayprotocol key)
* copying it to /usr/share/pmg-doc-generator/gen-pmg.conf.5-opts.pl
* build pmg-api and install the resulting deb
* running `make update` inside the pmg-docs repo (this generates the updated
  'pmg.mail-relaying-conf-opts.adoc' and 'pmg.conf.5-opts.adoc'
* adapting the remaining documentation ('pmgconfig.adoc')
* building and installing pmg-docs and pmg-doc-generator

which is quite the long procedure - and something we can do here (until
we come up with a nicer interface)

> Could you please check the v2 version and give me some feedback?
>
> I think it could be ready for pmg-test repository.
>
> The CLA is in the road ;)
Thanks - AFAIK we received it by now!