[pmg-devel] Pyzor

José Manuel Giner jm at ginernet.com
Wed Oct 23 10:41:08 CEST 2019

Hi, I haven't analyzed Pyzor in detail in the past. But now I see that
many e-mails that are not detected as spam by PMG would have been
including Pyzor.

In addition, PMG has not included the check: FUZZY_CREDIT why not?

Also, I see that it is a plugin installed "by default" in SpamAssassin:
https://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.4.x/doc/spamassassin.txt

Here you can see two checks for the same e-mail, that I confirm 100% is
SPAM, one with PMG and other with cPanel.

Maybe you can recommend something to improve the detection?

Thanks!

-- PMG detection result --

  HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS 0.25 From and EnvelopeFrom 2nd level
mail domains are different
  HTML_MESSAGE            0.001 HTML included in message
  T_KAM_HTML_FONT_INVALID 1 Test for Invalidly Named or Formatted Colors
in HTML

-- cPanel detection result --

   0.2 HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS From and EnvelopeFrom 2nd level
                              mail domains are different
   1.4 FUZZY_CREDIT           BODY: Attempt to obfuscate words in spam
   0.0 T_KAM_HTML_FONT_INVALID BODY: Test for Invalidly Named or
                              Formatted Colors in HTML
   2.0 PYZOR_CHECK            Listed in Pyzor
                              (https://pyzor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/)

--
José Manuel Giner
https://ginernet.com