[pbs-devel] Possible problem on NFS storage with release 2-3-3 (??)

dea dea at corep.it
Tue Mar 14 13:30:02 CET 2023

Hi Thomas,

my main "resistance" to trying to upgrade or version rollbacks is not
the operation itself....
But this:

My garbage collect on hybrid, non-full SSD (NFS) datastores takes at
least 10 days (that's over 300 Tbytes of storage).

If there was a system to keep track of the garbage collect parsing point
before a reboot or upgrade would be a great thing, so that it could then
be resumed from the breakpoint.

If I update the PBS the garbage collects are closed and restarted from
scratch, ditto for a reboot.

Luca