[pbs-devel] Slow overview of existing backups

Mark Schouten mark at tuxis.nl
Fri Mar 10 11:52:37 CET 2023

Hi,

> >- 2 three-way mirrors of 960GB Samsung PM9A3 nvme’s as special devices
>
>ah ok, i see you should have fast metadata access because of special device

That’s what I would expect yes. But maybe I can try to set primarycache
to metadata, not sure if that would have a negative impact on
prefetching though..

>what about freshly booting your backup server and issuing
>
>zpool iostat -rv
>
>after listing backups and observing slowness ?

There are too many clusters connected to this machine to make it
’silent’ for a while and debugging this.

—
Mark Schouten, CTO
Tuxis B.V.
mark at tuxis.nl / +31 318 200208