[pbs-devel] [pve-devel][storage][ui] Debugging UI for storage

Fabian Grünbichler f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com
Thu Dec 16 08:56:44 CET 2021

On December 15, 2021 4:51 pm, Andrei Perapiolkin wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Im working plugin for a proxmox so it can use third party data storage
> system.
>
> And Im having a hard time with implementing `list_images` method for my
> plugin(/usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/Plugin.pm)
>
> Periodically proxmox web UI fails to show list of specific
> volumes/images/backups using my plugin.
>
> One out of 3 or 4 calls are failing with "Too many redirections (599)"
> error.

that's strange - how's the load situation on the node? anything else
that looks interesting in the logs?

> This happens while `pvesh` and `pvesm` works perfectly fine and deliver
> correct list on every call.

those don't go through HTTP(S), so it's no surprise you don't see
HTTP-related issues there ;) if you want to test the HTTP part you could
use the perl API client (libpve-apiclient-perl) or plain curl (e.g., by
copying from your browser's dev console).

> What am I missing? Is there any test sets that I can run to verify
> correctness of `list_images` output?
>
> Or is there any efficient way to debug UI issues like this?

one potentially relevant information would be how long a pvesm list
takes on average. the GUI has a 30s timeout for sync requests, listing
storage contents is done in a sync fashion..

are you doing the requests to the node where you are logged in, or is
this a proxied situation?

login on node A, query storage on node A
(directly handled by node A)

vs

login on node A, query storage on node B
(transparently proxied to node B by node A)

?