[pbs-devel] [pve-devel][storage][ui] Debugging UI for storage

Andrei Perapiolkin andrei.perepiolkin at open-e.com
Wed Dec 15 16:51:33 CET 2021

Hi,

Im working plugin for a proxmox so it can use third party data storage
system.

And Im having a hard time with implementing `list_images` method for my
plugin(/usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/Plugin.pm)

Periodically proxmox web UI fails to show list of specific
volumes/images/backups using my plugin.

One out of 3 or 4 calls are failing with "Too many redirections (599)"
error.

This happens while `pvesh` and `pvesm` works perfectly fine and deliver
correct list on every call.

What am I missing? Is there any test sets that I can run to verify
correctness of `list_images` output?

Or is there any efficient way to debug UI issues like this?

Many thanks for your time and concern,

Andrei Perepiolkin