[pve-devel] [RFC guest-common 09/13] vzdump: schema: add fleecing property string

DERUMIER, Alexandre alexandre.derumier at groupe-cyllene.com
Thu Feb 1 22:33:18 CET 2024

> storage.cfg:
>
> pbs  : mypbs
>        fleecing-storage  .....
>

>>Backup fleecing is not limited to PBS and it's doesn't have anything
>>do with PBS implementation-wise, so this is not the right place for
>>the
>>setting IMHO.

mmm, good point.

> An allow to override at job level  ?
>>
>>A job-level option alone is already more flexible than defining it as
part of the PBS-configuration.

>>To clarify, with my "VM-specific" proposal I mean: The backup job
>>decides whether to use fleecing or not. The VM decides which storage
>>use for fleecing.

Personnaly, for my usage, I prefer to define fleecing storage in backup
job. (as we only define 1 backup storage in 1 job, and my problem to
solve is the slow backup storage).

But Maybe, indeed, some users would like to choose "use same storage
than disk" , or choose a specific fleecing storage for a specific vm.
So, maybe add an extra override option in vm options or directly on
disk ? I really don't known :)

Maybe try a simple option on backup job first, then add extra options
at vm level if users want it ?