[pve-devel] pve-network : downgrading frr dependency to suggested

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Mon Nov 20 18:34:45 CET 2023

Am 20/11/2023 um 18:20 schrieb DERUMIER, Alexandre:
> It's needed for transparent reload (usr/lib/frr/frr-reload.py).
>
> so you can be 100% sure It'll break if it's not installed ^_^

Ah, we already got a check in EVPN's reload_controller:

    my $bin_path = "/usr/lib/frr/frr-reload.py";

    if (!-e $bin_path) {
        warn "missing $bin_path. Please install frr-pythontools package";
        return;
    }

>>> For the code it would be nice to add a helper that asserts that frr
>>> is installed
>>> for all API endpoints that need it, that way user get informed
>>> upfront, similar
>>> to how we do it for ceph (but no full web installer for now ^^)
>
> Yes good idea.
>
> I don't known if it's easy to check, as the frr is local to each node,
> and the sdn api is global at datacenter level. ?

hmm true, one would only see if the current node one is connect
through supports it, a warning (or error) on apply could be better
then, should ideally happen as early as possible though, to not roll
out a partial state.