[PVE-User] Unresponsive VM(s) during VZdump

Iztok Gregori iztok.gregori at elettra.eu
Fri May 10 09:36:12 CEST 2024

Hi to all!

On 09/05/24 12:02, Iztok Gregori wrote:

[cut]

> In the meantime I found this thread on the forum:
>
> https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/high-io-wait-during-backups-after-upgrading-to-proxmox-7.113790/
>
> which mention the max_workers parameter. I change it to 4 for the next
> scheduled backup and see if there are some improvements (I migrated the
> affected VMs to catch the new configuration).
>
> I will keep you posted!

At the end I've set max_workers parameter to 1 (basically revert it to
PVE 6 default) and the backups didn't cause issues to the guest VMs (or
at least there were no notifications, and the checks I made were all
negative).

Next week, when the upgrade is finished, I will try "fleecing" and I
will revert the max_workers configuration to the default values to see
validate the setup.

Also, in the short term, I'm planning to change the target storage for
vzdump to something more fast.

Have a great day!

Iztok