[PVE-User] win2022 +/- efi disk

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Mon Jun 3 09:17:21 CEST 2024

Hi Tonci,

Have a look to mbr2efi.exe Windows tool, this is not a Proxmox issue,
but a Windows one; if you change to EFI you need to prepare Windows boot
disk for EFI boot.

Cheers

El 1/6/24 a las 14:26, Tonči Stipičević escribió:
> Hello to all,
>
>     I did install win2022 VM on proxmox 8.22 without efi disk and ovmf.
>
> But , now I'm not sure any more whether this was good decision or
> not.   VM works stable (I'm aware that efi or non-efi actually does
> not affect it's stability).
>
> What if sometimes this win2022 installation will need efi disk (?)
> Theoreticaly!
>
> I tried to add efi disk, change bios to ovmf, but got  "no bootable
> option or device found"   result   ....   ?!
>

> Is it possible at all to "import" efi disk after installation of
> no-efi-boot windows VM  ?
>

> Thank you very much in advance
>

> BR
>
> Tonci

Eneko Lacunza
Zuzendari teknikoa | Director técnico
Binovo IT Human Project

Tel. +34 943 569 206 | https://www.binovo.es
Astigarragako Bidea, 2 - 2º izda. Oficina 10-11, 20180 Oiartzun

https://www.youtube.com/user/CANALBINOVO
https://www.linkedin.com/company/37269706/