[PVE-User] [Extern] - Re: Mapping of VLAN tags to Linux bridges: Is that possible?

Stefan Radman stefan.radman at me.com
Tue Jul 23 13:14:27 CEST 2024

> Where is the VLAN tag in your example? Is it encapsulated in the bond name "bond0.90' being for VLAN 90?

Yes, correct.

The number behind the dot indicates the VLAN tag to be added before sending a frame to the bond0 interface.
I use the same approach and typically have bond0 (without tag) attached to vmbr0. That keeps the cluster management traffic untagged (trunk native VLAN).

Stefan

Sent from my fingertips