[PVE-User] USB Expansion Card for PCIE Hub passthrough?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 04:45:52 CEST 2023

Card hasn't turned up yet but I did notice that one of the USB hubs had
its own IOMMU group, so passed that through (added the PCI id to
vfio.conf). Much to my surprise it worked.

Holy crap, the difference is amazing. USB Audio just works now, no
cracking or interrupts when starting any disk io or high CPU. The mouse
is much more responsive.

--
Lindsay Mathieson