Use of uninitialized value in PVE/QemuServer.pm

Stefan Radman stefan.radman at me.com
Wed Nov 1 20:36:39 CET 2023

I might have hit a minor bug running Proxmox VE 8.0 (with latest updates from enterprise repo).

When HA manager tries to live-migrate a VM that has a mapped USB resource attached it fails with the following error:

task started by HA resource agent
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/QemuServer.pm line 2699.
2023-11-01 22:20:34 ERROR: migration aborted (duration 00:00:00): can't migrate running VM which uses mapped devices: usb0
TASK ERROR: migration aborted

While I understand that live migration with mapped USB resources is not (yet) supported, I think that the warning

	“Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/QemuServer.pm line 2699.”

should not be there.

Has anyone else seen this warning?

Stefan
PS: the HA live migration succeeds when I use the USB Vendor/Device ID directly, instead of the mapping.