[PVE-User] Cannot delete snapshot from aborted snapshot creation process

Frank Thommen f.thommen at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Thu Mar 30 18:52:32 CEST 2023

Hi,

I aborted the creation of a snapshot (started and stopped through web
UI, PROXMOX version is 7.3-3). No I cannot delete this snapshot any more:

# qm unlock 118
# qm delsnapshot 118 pre_db_migration_to_postgres
VM 118 qmp command 'blockdev-snapshot-delete-internal-sync' failed -
Snapshot with id 'null' and name 'pre_db_migration_to_postgres' does not
exist on device 'drive-scsi0'
#

but the snapshot /is/ listed:

# qm listsnapshot 118
`-> pre_db_migration_to_postgres 2023-03-30 17:58:38     no-description
`-> current                                             You are here!
#

Similar errors appear when trying it through the web UI. I tried this
several times (UI and CLI). I attach a screenshot of how the snapshot
presents itself in the web UI

I must add, that while I created the snapshot (and aborted the process),
the VM was in HA-mode. I took it out of HA after the first few tries to
delete the snapshot, to avoid, that this is a HA side effect.

Also while starting the the snapshot creation, the VM was running, but
it was off once I had aborted the process and checked the VM status.

Any idea, how I can get rid of this snapshot (or the snapshot being
listed, in case this is just a ghost entry)?

Frank