[PVE-User] Proxmox VE 7.4 released!

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Thu Mar 23 10:21:20 CET 2023

Hi all,

we're very excited to announce the release of Proxmox Virtual
Environment 7.4. It's based on Debian 11.6 "Bullseye" but using a newer
Linux kernel 5.15 or 6.2, QEMU 7.2, LXC 5.0.2, and ZFS 2.1.9.

Proxmox Virtual Environment 7.4 comes with a new dark theme "Proxmox Dark".

Here is a selection of the highlights

- Debian 11.5 "Bullseye", but using a newer Linux kernel 5.15 or 6.2
- QEMU 7.2, LXC 5.0.2, and ZFS 2.1.9
- Ceph Quincy 17.2.5 and Ceph Pacific 16.2.11
- A fully-integrated "Proxmox Dark" theme variant
- Display of detailed Ceph OSD information in GUI and API
- Download task logs as text files
- Sorting of resource tree by name or VMID
- HA manager: Added CRM command to switch an online node manually into
maintenance (without reboot).
- CRS: rebalance VMs & containers automatically on start

As always, we have included countless bugfixes and improvements on many
places; see the release notes for all details.

Release notes
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap#Proxmox_VE_7.4

Press release
https://www.proxmox.com/en/news/press-releases/proxmox-virtual-environment-7-4

Video tutorial
https://www.proxmox.com/en/training/video-tutorials/item/what-s-new-in-proxmox-ve-7-4

Download
https://www.proxmox.com/en/downloads
Alternate ISO download:
https://enterprise.proxmox.com/iso

Documentation
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs

Community Forum
https://forum.proxmox.com

Bugtracker
https://bugzilla.proxmox.com

Source code
https://git.proxmox.com

There has been a lot of feedback from our community members and
customers, and many of you reported bugs, submitted patches and were
involved in testing - THANK YOU for your support!

Q: Can I upgrade Proxmox VE 7.0 or 7.1 to 7.4 via GUI?