[PVE-User] Intel RST / VROC support in latest Proxmox?

Philippe Andersson pan at iba-group.com
Wed Jun 28 17:16:38 CEST 2023

Bonjour Alain 😉

On 28/06/2023 10:58, Alain Péan via pve-user wrote:
 > Hi Philippe,
 >
 > Why do you want to use an hadware Raid ?
Well, the original reason is because it's supposed to be transparent to
the OS above (although, as I explained in my reply to Aaron, this may
not be entirely true for VROC).

 > On a home PC, I would use an
 > NVME SSD of the desired size (prices have decreased a lot in the last
 > times), and if you want a secure one, look for enterprise grade NVME
 > (for example Read intensive), even they are more costly,
Sure.

 > and indeed,
 > you can use ZFS on top of that, to have snapshot for exemple, or
 > LVMthin...
I will look into ZFS, indeed. At the very least, it means I have a
fallback solution if I go for the VROC option and it turns out to be
unworkable.

Thanks to all who responded.

Ph. A.

--

*Philippe Andersson*
Unix System Administrator
eMail: pan at iba-group.com
<http://www.iba-worldwide.com>

Disclaimer | Use of IBA e-communication<https://iba-worldwide.com/disclaimer>

The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the recipient (s) named above. This communication is intended to be and to remain confidential and may be protected by intellectual property rights. Any use of the information contained herein (including but not limited to, total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution of any form) by persons other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Ion Beam Applications does not accept liability for any such errors. Thank you for your cooperation.