[PVE-User] Intel RST / VROC support in latest Proxmox?

Alain Péan alain.pean at c2n.upsaclay.fr
Wed Jun 28 10:58:04 CEST 2023

Le 27/06/2023 à 09:50, Philippe Andersson a écrit :
> Quick question. I'm currently looking into upgrading my home Proxmox
> server (using PC components meant for the home market, for cost
> reasons), and getting a "real" hardware RAID proposition under these
> conditions turns out to be quite an ordeal. Intel RST/VROC seems to be
> the only available option.
>
> Can anyone on this list please confirm whether these technologies are
> supported by the latest Proxmox VE installer/kernel ?

Hi Philippe,

Why do you want to use an hadware Raid ? On a home PC, I would use an
NVME SSD of the desired size (prices have decreased a lot in the last
times), and if you want a secure one, look for enterprise grade NVME
(for example Read intensive), even they are more costly, and indeed, you
can use ZFS on top of that, to have snapshot for exemple, or LVMthin...

Best,

Alain

--
Administrateur Système/Réseau
C2N Centre de Nanosciences et Nanotechnologies (UMR 9001)