[PVE-User] Intel RST / VROC support in latest Proxmox?

Aaron Lauterer a.lauterer at proxmox.com
Tue Jun 27 10:33:25 CEST 2023

AFAIK, VROC has two variants, actual HW RAID and so-called fake RAID. If it is
the fake RAID variant, it will be ignored and the single disks should be shown
in the installer.

If it is an actual HW RAID, it should only show a single block device for each
RAID to the OS.

In consumer boards, the chances of VROC being the fake RAID variant are quite high.

But why not ZFS with mirrored (maybe even multiple mirrored disk, RAID 10 like)?
In case of a disk failure, the handling of it is much nicer and if you can
hotplug the disks, you don't even need to power down the machine.

Cheers,
Aaron