[PVE-User] PVE 8 on Bookworm, ifupdown2 fails

DERUMIER, Alexandre alexandre.derumier at groupe-cyllene.com
Mon Jun 26 10:32:55 CEST 2023

>>I just installed PVE8 on top of a Debian Bookworm install
>>(unfortunatly, IPMI access on my OVH server is not working, so I had
to >>go with Debian first).

>>Most of the installation went fine, except a few minor issues (like :
>>had to create /run/network dir manually, as ifupdown2 would fail its
>>installation and prevent some other package to install)

mmm, this is strange, ifupdown2 is creating the directory at service
start

/usr/share/ifupdown2/sbin/start-networking:	[ ! -e /run/network ]
&& mkdir -p /run/network &>/dev/null

>>Anyway, now most things are working, except I cannot update network
>>configuration (nor can I apply SDN changes). If I run ifreload -a I
get

>>root at maurice:~# ifreload -a
>>error: name 'traceback' is not defined

seem to be a missing python lib

(just to be sure , what is the output of "ifreload -a -d" ) ?

python3 is installed right ?

dpkg -l|grep python ?

(maybe the /run/network is not created, because ifupdown2 is crashing)