[PVE-User] Proxmox VE 8.0 (beta) released!

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Fri Jun 9 17:23:20 CEST 2023

We are pleased to announce the first beta release of Proxmox Virtual Environment 8.0!
The 8.x family is based on the great Debian 12 "Bookworm" and comes with a 6.2 kernel, QEMU 8.0.2, LXC 5.0.2, OpenZFS 2.1.11.

Note: The current release of Proxmox Virtual Environment 8.0 is a beta version.
If you test or upgrade, make sure to first create backups of your data. We recommend Proxmox Backup Server [0] to do so.
[0]: https://www.proxmox.com/en/proxmox-backup-server

Here are some of the highlights of the Proxmox VE 8.0 beta version

* Ceph Server:
  * Ceph Quincy 17.2 is the default and comes with continued support.
  * There is now an enterprise repository for ceph which can be accessed via any Proxmox VE subscription, providing the best stability for production systems.
* Integrate host network bridge and VNet access when configuring virtual guests into Proxmox VE's ACL system.
* Add access realm sync jobs to conveniently synchronize users and groups from an LDAP/AD server automatically at regular intervals.
* Countless GUI and API improvements.
* and much more...

Release notes
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap

Download
https://enterprise.proxmox.com/iso

Community Forum
https://forum.proxmox.com

Bugtracker
https://bugzilla.proxmox.com

Source code
https://git.proxmox.com

Q: Can I upgrade latest Proxmox VE 7 to 8 beta with apt?