[PVE-User] Guidance on how Proxmox 8 treats Intel VROC RAID controller on supermicro x12dpu-6 Server

Aaron Lauterer a.lauterer at proxmox.com
Wed Jul 26 15:07:29 CEST 2023

Please have a look at the same topic being discussed last month
https://lists.proxmox.com/pipermail/pve-user/2023-June/017117.html

TL;DR: VROC is usually a "fake raid" and not a real HW RAID. It only tells the
OS what software RAID to create. On Linux that would typically be MD-RAID.

Proxmox VE does not ship MD Raid and therefore, those disks will still be
visible as single disks.

Cheers,
Aaron