[PVE-User] PVE Firewall IPset+Alias broken in v8

Patrick Velder lists at velder.li
Mon Jul 10 17:58:16 CEST 2023

Update:

Upon further investigation, I discovered that the error message "value
does not look like a valid IP address or CIDR network" also occurs on
functioning PVE 7.xx systems. It appears that these messages are
unrelated to the current issue. However, they can cause confusion when
troubleshooting firewall-related problems and should also be addressed.

The actual problem lies in the fact that when a global IP set is defined
at the datacenter level, which includes aliases with the prefixes "dc/"
or "guest/", the rules fail to work, also resulting in the following
error messages:

> no such alias 'xxx'
> no such alias 'yyy'

Best regards