[PVE-User] Trouble with LetsEncrypt/acme-dns in pve 7.3-4

Martin Dziobek dziobek at hlrs.de
Tue Jan 3 13:34:58 CET 2023

Howdy, list members !

The situation:
I have a proxmox host (say ptest) running pve 7.3-3,
and one (say pprod) running 7.3-4

On ptest, getting Letsencrypt certificates with the acme-dns plugin
and our internal acme-dns server works fine.

Trying the same config on pprod (for the first time with LE) fails with
 "invalid response of acme-dns"

Investigation:
/etc/pve/.version:
ptest shows    "priv/acme/plugins.cfg": 2,
pprod shows  "priv/acme/plugins.cfg": 3,

The handler scripts in
/usr/share/proxmox-acme/dnsapi/dns_acmedns.sh
have lots of differences for that reason.

The GUI dialog at Datacenter->ACME for configuring
Challenge plugins (type acme-dns), however, do show
*exactly the same predefined fields* on pprod and ptest,
namely "ACMEDNS_UPDATE_URL".

Unfortunately,  "ACMEDNS_UPDATE_URL" has been
dropped in the latest versions of acme.sh
(and in the handler scripts v.3)
In v.3 , this is now all based on ACMEDNS_BASE_URL,
but the change has obviously not been reflected to
the GUI dialog.

Would you proxmox guys kindly mind to fix this ?

Best regards,
Martin