[PVE-User] Moving virtual machine from CE 6.X to latest enterprise edition, advice requested

Joseph John jjk.saji at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 11:06:08 CEST 2023

Hi ,
Thanks for the advice
I tried first with a CIFS share , checked by accessing it from other
machines . created CIFS share (Left hand side of menu, Data Center,
Storage) ,
Now when I go to the VM , backup option , and click backup I can only see
the local storage, I am not able to see the CIFS share which I created

Similarly I did with NFS server and shared directory , checked it by
accessing it from other hosts. Created NFS share (Left hand side of menu,
Data Center, Storage).
This also when I go the the VM, backup option and click back I can only see
the local storage , not the NFS or the CIFS storage which we created
earlier . The prox mox version is 6.3-3.

But when I give a df-h , I get the results

oot at server-1:~# df -h
Filesystem                               Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev                                     378G     0  378G   0% /dev
tmpfs                                     76G   13M   76G   1% /run
/dev/mapper/pve-root                      29G  6.2G   22G  23% /
tmpfs                                    378G   69M  378G   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs                                    5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs                                    378G     0  378G   0%
/sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/sdb2                                511M  312K  511M   1% /boot/efi
/dev/fuse                                 30M   72K   30M   1% /etc/pve

*//10.115.129.160/proxmox <http://10.115.129.160/proxmox>
1.0T  359G  666G  36%
/mnt/pve/backup10.115.129.169:/home/itsupport/nfsshare 1017G   14G  955G
2% /mnt/pve/nfsbackup*
tmpfs                                     76G     0   76G   0% /run/user/0

So from the df -h , we can see the CIFS and NFS, but through the web
interfaces, backup option do not show them in the drop down menu.
I am thinking in this situation, to make use command line and run the
backup so that I can specify the location (cifs or nfs share) to which I
can  copy the disk image
I will be posting another thread on requesting on how to use command line
to  take backup of VM images

Thanks
Joseph John